Going On-Line is the New-Age Trend in Shopping
All thanks to Tim Berners-Lee for creating the first World Wide Web server and browser in 1991 that enables us today to do practically anything thru the use of the internet, even shopping, when just a few years ago the mere concept of it seemed impossible. One of the first Internet shopping systems was launched in 1994 by a German company named Intershop. Then came Amazon and eBay just a few years after.
One attractive edge of shopping online is its ease of use and convenience. Consumers simply look for items they are interested in by visiting on-line shopping sites from anywhere they are available 24 hours a day. There you can fill-in your on-line shopping carts while sitting down, even easier than you fill-in a regular shopping basket in the mall. Once done, you simply check your items out without having to worry about shipping you cash to the retailer half-way across the country, thru credit card systems paying is breeze.
Another popular reason why on-line shopping is rapidly increasing is that consumers find better deals for both brand new or even used items. Studies done by E-Tailing Group and MarketLive show that roughly 27 percent of the world’s consumers shop via the Internet. Census Bureau records online purchasing revenue amounting to $34.7 billion in the third quarter of 2007 and these numbers have significantly increased thru the past years.
There’s no doubt that the online world is new age haven for consumers looking for convenience in shopping and in their pockets! An increasing number of consumers have discovered that the Internet is a fabulous way to save money when shopping. How you ask? Read on these tips to find out how you can put money back into your pocket:
- Research before clicking “pay”. With the ease of Internet, you can take as much time as you want to research and compare costs before making a purchase. The trick is to visit more than two shopping sites to make a fairly good comparison on which items gives you the best value for your money.
- Search for coupons and promotional codes before making a purchase. You can search for coupons and promo codes thru any search engine by simply typing in your desired coupon brand. Once you find a useful promo code coupon, simply key in the code before checking out your goods to get the best value for your money.
Now that you have an idea of how huge the market is of on-line shoppers you can jump into the bandwagon by starting your own on-line store and earn extra bucks with no cash out. Follow these easy steps:
STEP 1: Make a free website account. There are a few sites that offer include free domains. If you can’t find one, then sign up an account on shopping sites like eBay and Amazon for free, at least until you have enough money to buy your won domain.
STEP 2: Consider what you want to sell. Either you’re getting brand new items straight from a manufacturer or you want to start small and simple by selling your own stuff, you would want to consider these factors:
- Find something you are genuinely interested in and passionate about so you can better market the product and sustain the business for long term.
- If you are selling used items from your own stuff, make sure they are in working condition and still worth selling.
- Choose a category that is unique and not easily found all over the market. This way you tap a direct niche market that you can turn into regular consumers.
STEP 3: Price your items. If you’re looking to operate your business on a long term then don’t go for one-time, big-time profit. Do not over price your goods. Make a reasonable amount of profit on each item and go for bigger quantity sale.
STEP 4: Test the waters. Start with small quantities and test the saleability before buying in bulk. If it works, then there’s no way but to scale-up the business!
Going on-line is definitely the new-age trend in shopping, besides comfort and convenience you definitely get the best value for every penny!