Money Saving Tips that Keep You Going on a Tight Budget
Being on tight budget is not a crime but when you don’t know of any money saving tips that would help you make the most of your situation, then it could mean real trouble for you. I’m not trying to scare you and for that reason, I have listed below some of the tips that would help you go on like your budget is huge. They are:
- Avoid shopping: When I say avoid shopping, I’m only talking about strolling into any of the department stores or mall to have a look at what they have. Only go into stores when you have something to buy and as soon as you buy that item, leave the store immediately before you are tempted to spend your hard earned money on irrelevancies. There are people who don’t know what they want to buy until they get to the shop and if you fall in this category, then you are bound to spend more than you earn because over the weeks or months, the expenses add up and you see yourself getting into debt.
- Cut out the use of cable network: The second among these money saving tips, you may not really know how much you will be saving at the end of the month until you cut out your cable network subscription bills. Apart from saving you money, it also means you don’t spend most of your day sitting before the TV and as such, you have time for other meaningful and resourceful activities.
- Create a list: If you do not have a list of necessities to buy at the end of every month, you will always spend beyond your budget. When you make a list and stick to it, you spend less and have more savings to either invest or take care of other important things.
- Look out for free forms of entertainment: Each time you want to have fun, you don’t necessarily have to spend money from your purse. This means that you don’t really have to go to the movies or hang out with your friends at bars but there are other ways to have fun with your loved ones that costs very little or nothing at the end of the day.
- Maintain healthy habits: Seeing this among the money saving tips might seem like a tall dream but when you consider how much you save when you stay away from hospitals or do not have any bills posted to you, you would surely not think twice about maintaining such health habits that keep you out of harm’s way. Always eat healthy and exercise as much as your body needs to keep fit.
- Take walks: Some persons have the habit of driving to everywhere they want to go to, even though it is just by the street. You can leave early so that you are not late for whatever you are going for. Go ahead and burn some fat and save money on gas.
- Ride more and drive less:When you move around more on your bicycle than in your car, you successfully ‘kill two birds with one stone’. This means that apart from exercising your body, you also get to save money that would have gone into fueling your car. Therefore, cultivating the habit of riding more and driving less automatically puts you on the frugal living train.
- Hike a ride or join the bus: If you don’t have a bicycle to ride, then you can beg for hikes from a neighbor who works in the same area as you and if there is none, the public transport system can save you good money at the end of every month. You should really try this.
- De-clutter and hold a garage sell: The last but not the list among the money saving tips, are there outgrown clothes, under-size shoes, outsized toys and other things your family does not need anymore? You don’t need to throw them away because you can make a few bucks by gathering those unwanted but useful items and make good money from them by holding a garage sale. If you are more inclined towards the internet, you can also list and sell them on eBay and any other site where used items are sold.
With these tips, there will be no need for you to whine and gnash your teeth, even though you are on very tight budget. It is time to be frugal, get healthy and at the same time, earn extra money.